Soil acidity, one of the main factors that causes yield losses, is a natural and permanent phenomenon, which is accelerated by intensive farming. The use of alkaline, calcic and magnesium soil conditioners improves the fertility and enhances the physical, chemical and biological characteristics of the soils :
- A better soil structure improves the sprouting and the rooting of the plants and allows for better water and air circulation in the soil
- Improved biological activity in the soil enhances the availability of nutrients for the plants
- Optimization of the soil reservoir by fixing the nutrients to the clay-humic complex, to avoid the nutrients to be washed away
- A higher acidity allows the plants tot better assimilate the N, P and K fertilizers.
- A limited assimilability of the toxic elements (Al, Mn) by plants, humans and animals (metallic trace elements).
- Better valorisation of the organic matter by enhanced mineralisation
CARMEUSE FRANCE has set up close partnerships with most of the distributors (cooperatives and businesses) and develops together with them products that are adapted to each situation by favouring reasoned supplements based on soil analysis and by offering a large range of products and services.
Carmeuse has amongst other developed a range of mixed products made of raw and burned material that can be associated to the fertilizers if needed.
Amendments, commonly called "liming", largely contribute to a reasoned and sustainable agriculture.